Sunday, March 18, 2012

Around the World in 31 days!!

We are going around the World from April 6 through May 6.  Let me break down the numbers for you:

20 flights = 37,769 miles

580,000 Airline miles redeemed

3 day train ride = 727 miles

4 Boat rides
2 car rentals
2 22inch Rollerbags & 2 hand carry-ons
12 Different Hotels
15 Hotel nights  = 290,000 Hotel Points
11 Hotel nights paid
4 nights on a plane

This trip is our honeymoon and you might even say it inspired our wedding.  We started with United/Continental's Round the World Business class redemption and then it became a game.   We decided to see how much of the trip we could pay for though points redemption, I think we did pretty well.  I will be posting pictures and updates to this blog throughout the trip and future ones.  We leave April 6, so get ready to enjoy along with us.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to read and experience this trip through your eyes - the sites, the travel, the food, the beauty. I live vicariously through your travels. I hope it's the time of both of your lives! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete